Sunday, April 7, 2013

Tucker's Fall (Purgatory Masters #1) by Eliza Gayle


Scandalized professor Maggie Cisco returns to her hometown to lick her wounds and reconsider her future. Her years of personal and professional research into the BDSM lifestyle has landed her in jail, in divorce court and now in the headlines of more newspapers than she cares to count. The worst of all? The entire debacle is being blamed on a bestselling book she hasn’t even read!

Just when she thinks her only solution is a tell all memoir, a snowstorm puts her in the path of stunningly handsome, insanely rich and equally intense, Tucker Lewis.

Tucker remembers Maggie well. They once shared a mind-numbing kiss at the annual St. Mary’s carnival when her boyfriend wasn’t looking. No stranger to scandal, he looks past public opinion to the submissive craving a master’s touch and decides then and there what he wants. He’s going after Maggie and her heart’s kinkiest desires.

Unfortunately, no amount of money can change the sins of the past and when they’re certain they know everything there is to know about each other, one discovers a secret they aren’t prepared for.

 photo Review.jpg

Tucker's Fall is the first in a new trilogy, Purgatory Masters, many of the characters in this book are from the Purgatory series and you may find some of the background to the story more enjoyable if you have read that series and know the characters from it, however this is NOT a continuation of that series but the start of a brand new one and can be read on it's own.

Tucker and Maggie, the hero and heroine of Tucker's Fall, knew each other as teens and shared what turned out to be a very memorable kiss. Maggie has returned to hide out from the bad press she was getting after being caught up in a raid of a BDSM club where she was researching for a paper. Tucker has a lot of his own demons to deal with regarding not only his past but the legacy he inherited from his father.

I loved Tucker, he has overcome a lot of negative things in his life and channeled all that negativity into his artistic outlets. He is not a strict Master/slave sort of Dom but more of a bedroom Dom. Maggie is harder to like she seems to have had some of her own issues besides the latest blow up but they really don't go into that as much as I would have liked to help understand her motivations.

This is without a doubt the first of a series of books and you are left waiting for the next one to wrap up all of the story. The backstory is woven into the story like clues in a mystery and you do not get all of your answers in this book. What you do get is a LOT of smokin' hot sex in a variety of locations and with various uses of bondage, toys and back door play.

I enjoyed the book, I felt like to much mystery was trying to be created with the characters pasts and that made for a more difficult read. There are many other secondary characters that I hope will be added to the series in the coming books, I would love to see Tuckers sister as a heroine in one.

 photo 3.jpg
 photo 4-1.jpg
 photo Erotica.png photo ContemporaryRomance.png

About this author:
After growing up in the South and dividing my time between Florida and North Carolina, I decided that 2012 would be my year for change. I rented out my house on the East Coast and convinced my family to join me for a wacky trip across the country. Now I write my romance books from a small island in the Pacific Northwest while contemplating our next home renovation project on the fixer upper we bought.

When not writing, I'm likely to be found with my nose in a book or sitting in a darkened theater watching the latest blockbuster movie. Unless it's not raining, then I guarantee I'll be outside soaking up the sun or exploring one of the many nearby forests.

If you'd like to check out one or more of my books, I'd be tickled pink. I primarily write paranormal shifters and contemporary romance with BDSM elements. I dig reading and writing series, so you'll also find I have several. It's an addiction.

Website
Facebook
Twitter
Pineterest

 photo HappyReadingCarin.png

Purgatory series:



No comments:

Post a Comment